Ian Bogost Talk

I thought the Ian Bogost talk provided us with a cool experience outside of the classroom. It’s not often that teachers venture away from the traditional lecture so that in itself was a learning experience. During the car ride there I got to know some of my classmates better, which I think will help during our next peer review workshop. The actual talk was a little long, and at times it was also a little hard to follow along with. Despite this fact, the part of his talk that stuck with me most was when he was talking about his definition of Digital Humanities. It sounds like he doesn’t really have too much of a set definition since it’s constantly growing the more people search the field. I also thought it was cool that my other English professor, Dan, was there. He asked me about the talk the next day and also agreed the talk was a little long. He did say it sounded like this was the first time Ian had talked about this certain topic, so his talk may not have been as natural as some of his other ones.