Ian Bogost Talk

The Ian Bogost talk provided a great opportunity for me to get to know my fellow classmates. On the ride over I learned that we all shared a similar taste in music and we exchanged Spotify usernames. The group that rode in my car all live on south campus and I am the only one who lives in Granville Towers. I tried to convince the group that Lenoir and Rams are far superior to the Agora, however, they did not agree. We then decided that people prefer the dining hall that they eat less at because it is a new experience. Once we arrived at the talk Ian spoke a great deal about the how the Digital Humanities is a field that is undefinable. This gives the field a great deal of flexibility in what it studies and allows it to expand beyond what a definition would confine it to. Once the talk ended, my group was intrigued by the platter of food. The crackers were a big hit and Kayla wanted to know where she could buy some for her dorm. We all discussed how we wanted to climb the spiral staircase that was located in the corner and find out where it went to. On the ride home I learned that Valentina and interested in a lot of the same events on campus and both fangirl over the basketball team. Overall, I learned a lot about my classmates and the Digital Humanities as a whole.